We were saddened to learn of the recent closure of Waves in Weymouth. Run by the Children’s Society and providing similar services to the Rendezvous it closed its doors because of funding issues at the end of March after many successful years supporting young people. This leaves The Rendezvous as one of only two advice and information centres in the whole of Dorset – the other being Treads which runs a smaller service in Blandford Forum.
That the Rendezvous continues to be financially stable is down to the great local support we have and continue to greatly appreciate. Funding is always a challenge but with the support of the community we will continue to do our best for young people in need and can tell you that over the last year…
- we’ve delivered over 1000 targetted one to one sessions with young people
- our amazing volunteers have given us over 1800hrs of their time to support the charity and work with young people – the majority providing individual suport for English and Maths
- we’ve provided 1.5days a week at the Gryphon School
- we’ve hosted 2600+ visits to the centre
- delivered 30hrs+ of counselling at Sherborne Primary with more to come
If you aren’t a Friend but could afford to make regular contribution to the Rendezvous then please consider joining the Friends organisation or making a donation via our LocalGiving page. More information about what we’ve been doing over the last year is being prepared and will be made public via the 2018-2019 Annual Review.