When things are tough it helps to have someone to talk to. More than half our work involves helping young people look after their social, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our team of youth workers are here to offer a friendly listening ear. We don’t judge, it’s very difficult to shock us and we are discreet. Everything is confidential unless we think that you or someone else is at risk in which case we have a legal duty to report it.
- school or work
- relationships with friends and family
- stress and anxiety
- alcohol and substance misuse
Some worries can be quickly resolved but others take time to overcome so we offer young people support for as long as it takes. We will review the situation every 6 to 8 weeks but will always continue to work with you if you need it.
- At the Rendezvous – contact us – by phone, by email or drop in to see us at the centre.If you are an agency wanting to refer a young person then please contact us for a referral form
- At the Gryphon School – talk to the pastoral team or your Head of Year
- At home – young parents – contact your health visitor who can make a referral to us for a home visit